Participatory Rural Development Society (PRDS) is a National NGO in Special Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations and working together with Governments, United Nations and other National and International Donors to serves people, alleviate poverty and inequality based on the principles of mutual respect, devoid of all kinds of discrimination on the basis of caste, religion, gender or any other social or political identities. The organization is established in 2004 and registered under Societies Registration Act XXI of 1860 in March 2008. In addition to the legal registration, the organization has an active MoU signed with the EAD Govt. of Pakistan. Since inception, PRDS is serving the vulnerable communities and poverty-stricken people in remote and neglected areas of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Including Tribal Districts (Formerly FATA), Punjab and Sindh. During past 10 years, the organization has assisted more than 1.2 million direct & indirect vulnerable persons and successfully completed 50 projects of humanitarian relief and development nature.
Since its inception in 2004, the organization has been able to support development of over 1,120 community based organizations covering over 0.6 million populations. The investment of PRDS in shape of programmatic, financial, technical, strategic and capacity building initiatives, on one hand, has led to development of three tiers (community, village and union councils) level local institutions, while on the other hand it has significantly contributed to social, economic and political development of rural areas and communities through various development packages.
Non-profit organization registered under Societies Act of 1860, Government of Pakistan having registration number 840/5/5424
PRDS have an Active MOU with Economic Affair Division.
PRDS has registration with Pakistan Centre for Philanthropy
- To operate purely on humanitarian grounds as a non-governmental, non-profit making and non-political, social/humanitarian Organization by undertaking multifarious Community Infrastructure, Wash, Health, Education, Awareness and humanitarian Programme across the country.
- Endeavors to make the Society self-reliant, self-sufficient for the future.
- To promote effective partnership among Organizations and individuals across Pakistan, through dialogues, exchange of views and efforts to build common perspective and to coordinate activities for the betterment of marginalized Communities.
- To conduct appropriate research studies, seminars, meetings to clarify issues of Poverty, inequality and Social Justice.
- To initiate and promote adult literacy and vocational training.
- Self-respect and respect for others opinion
- Tolerance, peace and social justice
- Transparency and Accountability
- No discrimination on the basis of gender, cast, creed or religion
- Freedom of thought, expression, association