Job Title: Admin & Finance Officer
Reporting To: Project Manager/Finance Manager
Job Status: Fixed Term (3 Months)
Job Location: Field Based (Bannu)
Approved By: Executive Director
Job Purpose / Summary:
The Admin & finance Officer will responsible to assist in smooth operations of the finance activities and maintenance of financial records. To assist and coordinate the effective management of finance and general administration functions in Emergency Shelter project, Finance Officer will support Finance Manager in financial record keeping, donor reporting and ensure that financial reports are effectively used.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for daily operations of administration issues.
- Responsible management of monthly utility usages such as telephones, fax, stationery, etc.
- Ensuring timely payment is made. Maintain records of electricity, telephone (office and personal) and fax usage.
- Contracts with external suppliers such as newspapers, tickets, stationery, hotels, etc.
- Salary Processing
Admin and Finance Officer will be responsible for preparation of monthly Field staff supporting documentation available for Submission to HR Officer at head office
- Attendance sheet
- Time Sheet
- Leave record
- Inventory Of the office Equipment:
- Conduct inventory of PRDS’s equipment and assets. Arrange necessary repairs as needed.
- Manage cash for administration expenses,
- Maintain filing system, ensuring easy access to all staff.
- Bank/Cash Payments
Admin & Finance Officer will be responsible for making cash and bank payments in accordance with financial procedures of the organization and will ensure proper supporting documents available with the voucher and availability of the budget.
- Collect and examine supporting documents for payments
- Supply Request
- Request for Quotation
- Quotations/Bid Analysis form
- Purchase Order/Agreement
- Copy of Cheques
- Receipt acknowledgment on supplier letter head
- Ensure that documents and signatures are valid.
- Prepare payment vouchers, and receipt vouchers.
- Prepare cheques/payment orders and ensure that they are properly delivered.
- Salary payments
Finance office will be responsible for preparation of monthly staff payroll and payment of the salary to staff and ensure proper supporting documentation available.
- Bookkeeping and Financial Reporting
FO will ensure that staffs adhere to internal controls; make necessary accounting adjustments and keep books of accounts as per standard procedures. S/he will review field books of accounts. S/he will do day to day payments, adjustments. S/he will coordinate internal/external audits. S/he will be responsible for donor financial reporting.
- Manage the petty cash:
FO will be responsible for managing for petty cash for day to day cash payments.
- Proper filing:
AFO will be responsible for proper finance filling. S/he will be responsible for keeping all financial record in an effective and efficient manner
Qualification: MBA (Finance) or M. Com
At least two years’ work experience
Must be computer literate with a comprehensive knowledge of MS, Excel & accounts packages
Good communication & team building skills
Qualified profession accountants will be preferred
Knowledge of development issues & concepts
Experience of working in an insecure environment
Special Skills, Aptitude or Personality Requirements:
Active team player.
Adaptable and flexible. Willing to travel to remote field areas with basic living conditions.
Ability to regulate own time and perform to deadlines.
Command of MS Office. Experience on accounting programmes will be a plus.
Capacity building and training skills
Good interpersonal and communication skills
Basic report writing skill
Basic analytical and problem solving skill