Job Title: Social Mobilizer/Hygiene Promoters
Duty Station: Field Base (North Waziristan)
Reporting Line: Project Manager
Job Status: Fixed term contract (3 Months)
Approved by: Executive Director
The Social Mobilizer/Hygiene will primary contact person in the target area from the project team. He/ She will be responsible for the mobilisation of the community for the project activities and seek their support and involvement in the project activities. He /She will be responsible for the sharing of clear and proper relevant project information to the communities, establish Committees, Discrimination Hygiene Awareness messages through sessions and IEC materials. He/ She may facilitate in project teams visits and coordination with the committees.
Duties and Responsibilities
- SM/HP will be responsible to mobilize target communities for their involvement in project activities and facilitate the community in the formation of Committees ensuring their roles will contribute in the overall goal achievement of the project.
- To mobilize these Committees for the effective use of the community resources and process of beneficiaries identification and final selection as per agreed in the approved proposal.
- SM will develop and submit weekly/monthly work plans in-line with the DIP to the line manager and submit field visits report timely to share the progress and issues during implementation.
- To maintain proper record keeping of the project activities during the implementation of the project available at field office.
- The Community mobilizers should develop in-depth knowledge of all their villages of intervention and should have close contacts with community leaders, volunteers, and activists
- To share the details of CRM and handle the complaints of the stake holders/ beneficiaries
- Holder of Bachelor degree in Social Sciences or equivalent in the related subject.
- At least 3 year experience in community mobilization/Hygiene Promotion and WASH Interventions.
- Efficient in managing community as well as team problems.
- Participates as a Member of a Team; Works cooperatively with others and contributes to group with ideas, suggestions, and effort.
- Learns from Others; Demonstrates ability to listen, understand and build experience of others into own knowledge, skills and abilities in an appropriate manner
- Builds Relationship with Beneficiaries; Works and Communicates well with beneficiaries.
- Sense of Responsibility; Exerts a high level of effort and perseverance toward goals attainment. Works hard to become excellent at doing tasks by setting high standards, paying attention to details, working consistently, and displaying a high level of concentration even when assigned an unpleasant task. Displays high standards of attendance, punctuality, enthusiasm, vitality, and optimism in approaching and completing tasks.
Language Skills; Speak Pashto (preferably mother Tongue)/ Urdu and understand English
Accountable as per above mentioned duties and Responsibilities